Community Workshops and Auditions for RIP VAN WINKLE
RIP VAN WINKLE is a new play that we’re telling with the voices of the Hudson Valley – we need you to bring it to life. To start, we hosted a series of storytelling workshops in six Hudson Valley towns throughout the month of April, 2018.
Auditions were held on April 28th and 29th. To be eligible for auditions, participants must have attended at least one of the following workshops.
What’s your story? RIP VAN WINKLE is an old tale, but we want to tell it in a new way – with the voices of today’s Hudson Valley. We need you! Bring your tall tales, your stories of love, loss, change, and coming home again, and we’ll turn them into theater together. Led by RIP VAN WINKLE writer/director Seth Bockley, this workshop is for all ages and all backgrounds! No experience necessary, no need to RSVP. Just come ready to play and move.
- Wednesday, April 4, 7:00pm – 9:00pm, Safe Harbors of the Hudson, Newburgh, NY
- Thursday, April 5, 7:00pm – 9:00pm, Desmond Fish Library, Garrison, NY
- Friday, April 6, 7:00pm – 10:00pm, The Old VFW Hall, Cold Spring, NY
- Friday, April 13, 7:00pm – 10:00pm, Beacon Recreation Center, Beacon, NY
- Saturday, April 14, 1:00pm – 4:00pm, Peekskill Youth Bureau, Peekskill, NY
- Sunday, April 15, 1:00pm – 4:00pm, Washington Irving’s Sunnyside, Tarrytown, NY
“DESIGNING STORIES” WORKSHOPS
How can objects and spaces help tell a story? Participants will work with HVSF’s 2018 Scenic Consultant, Sandra Goldmark, to explore this question through a fun, hands-on, imaginative exercise that translates a story from page to stage. This workshop is for all ages and backgrounds. No experience necessary, no need to RSVP.
- Sunday, April 8, 5:00pm – 8:00pm, Garrison Art Center, Garrison, NY
A HVSF photographer will be present for this workshop.
- Wednesday, April 11, 7:00pm – 9:00pm, Safe Harbors of the Hudson, Newburgh, NY