The Sheila Allen Colby Legacy Giving Program
If HVSF has made a difference to you and your family, we hope you will consider remembering the Festival in your estate plan and/or as a beneficiary of a charitable trust, retirement plan, or life insurance policy. Your support will ensure the vitality of Shakespeare within the Hudson Valley for years to come! Contact Director of Development Semra Ercin to learn more.
With a legacy gift you can:
- Make a more significant charitable gift than you may have thought possible
- Reduce your income tax and avoid capital gains taxes
- Leave a legacy without giving up assets during your lifetime
Make us part of your estate plan by:
- Making a bequest to HVSF in your will
- Designating HVSF as a beneficiary of an IRA, annuity, or life insurance contract
- Naming HVSF as a beneficiary or charitable trust
This program is named for the inimitable Sheila Allen Colby. To Sheila, HVSF was where she could enjoy intimate, moving, and magical performances along with the world’s natural beauty in the most dramatic of settings. For this reason, and for all the joy it brought to her and her family, Sheila generously made a legacy gift to the Hudson Valley Shakespeare Festival.