Grab a picnic and a glass of wine, stake out your spot on the Great Lawn, and start your weekend off with a free, thrilling, behind-the-scenes exploration with HVSF artists, scholars, and industry experts.
These pre-show talks take place every Friday night during the summer season and are open to the public. No performance ticket or registration is required, though we welcome you to add free Friday Night Prologue reservations to your Friday performance purchase (or below). In case of inclement weather, Prologues are held under the HVSF Theater Tent.
- Friday, June 8, 6:15pm with Voice and Speech Coach Alithea Phillips
- Friday, June 15, 6:15pm with Shana Cooper, Director of this season’s THE TAMING OF THE SHREW (Opening Night)
- Friday, June 22, 6:15pm with Artistic Director Davis McCallum, Director of this season’s RICHARD II (Opening Night)
- Friday, June 29, 6:15pm with longtime company member Wesley Mann (Pierre in this season’s THE HEART OF ROBIN HOOD)
- Friday, July 6, 6:15pm with the Funny School of Good Acting Commedia Company in conversation with Liz Wisan (Kate in this season’s TAMING) and Jarrod Bates (Hamlet in this year’s Tour: HAMLET)
- Friday, July 13, 6:15pm Shakespeare’s Kings with Dramaturg and Writer Kate Farrington
- Friday, July 20, 6:15pm with West Point Assistant Professor of English Cordelia Zukerman
- Friday, July 27, 6:15pm Elegance in Motion with Boscobel Executive Director Jennifer Carlquist
- Friday, August 3, 6:15pm West Point Night with West Point Assistant Professor of English Seth Herbst
- Friday, August 10, 6:15pm with Funny School of Good Acting Founder Christopher Bayes in conversation with Company Members Liam Craig and Liz Wisan
- Friday, August 17, 6:15pm with Suzanne Agins, Director of this season’s THE HEART OF ROBIN HOOD
- Friday, August 24, 6:15pm Shakespeare and Gender with Teaching Artist Marie D’Apice in conversation with Company Members Julia Coffey and Nance Williamson
- Friday, August 31, 6:15pm with HVSF’s Davis McCallum (Artistic Director), Elizabeth Audley (Director of Community Engagement), Paloma Wake (Associate Producer, RIP VAN WINKLE), and Seth Bockley (Writer/Director, RIP VAN WINKLE) on FULL CIRCLE and the making of RIP VAN WINKLE
Reserve Your Spot
For all you planners out there: Help us prepare a seamless evening for you! Add a FREE Friday Night Prologue reservation here so we will know to expect you. No admission ticket is required to attend, however, so you’re welcome to skip this step. Simply arrive on the Great Lawn ready for a lively Friday evening discussion at 6:15pm!