Grab a picnic and a glass of wine, find your way to The Terrace, and start your evening off with a free, thrilling, behind-the-scenes exploration with HVSF artists, scholars, and industry experts. These pre-show talks take place every Thursday night during the summer season and are open to the public. .
- July 7- Music & Movement at HVSF: A conversation with Musical Director Saul Nache and Choreographer Kimiye Corwin.
- July 14- ROMEO & JULIET: Dr. Seth Herbst, West Point Assistant Professor of English, discusses the Shakespearean classic.
- July 21- Climate Conversations: Sandra Goldmark, Associate Professor of Professional Practice in Theatre, Director of Campus Sustainability and Climate Action at Barnard College in conversation with HVSF Artistic Director Davis McCallum, and Dr. Radley Horton, Lamont Research Professor, Ocean and Climate Physics, Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory (LDEO), Columbia Climate School.
- July 28- Yellow Finch Project: A conversation about enhancing the lives of children with Autism Spectrum Disorders and other social-communication issues through the art of theater.
- Aug. 4- HVSF2: In conversation with MEMNON playwright and commissioned artist Will Power.
- Aug. 18- Where We Belong- Where We Belong: In Conversation with Curtis Zunigha, an enrolled member of the Delaware Tribe of Indians in Oklahoma and an acknowledged expert on Delaware/Lenape culture, language, and traditional practices. Mr. Zunigha is Co-Founder and Co-Director of The Lenape Center, based in New York City.
- Aug. 25- Speaker to be announced.
- Sept. 1- Romeos and Juliets: Generations of star-crossed lovers, Carl Howell and Angela Janas (2012), Kurt Rhoads and Nance Williamson (2022), discuss these roles.
- Sept. 8- Our Future: Davis McCallum shares the vision for the site and future of the Hudson Valley Shakespeare Festival.
- Sept. 15- Mr. Burns: A Conversation with The Civilians Artistic Director, Steven Cosson: Hear from Steven Cosson on why MR. BURNS was originally chosen for commission by The Civilians, New York, NY.