The Hudson Valley Shakespeare Festival is committed to making your visit the best experience possible. Please call the HVSF Box Office in advance to make reservations and discuss preparations for your visit at 845.265.9575. For patrons with accessibility needs, our site offers…
- A limited number of handicapped spaces are available outside of The Valley restaurant for your convenience.
ADA Drop Off
- All guests are welcome to drop individuals off at the top of our ADA-accessible ramp, in front of The Valley restaurant if ADA spots are filled. Drivers can then loop around and park in the audience parking lot.
Golf Cart Mobility Support
- Golf Carts are driven by trained HVSF Front-of-House Staff members who are eager to make your visit as comfortable as possible! The golf cart can be requested for those unable to use the ADA drop-off point and will bring patrons from the parking lot to the ADA drop-off point near the entrance to The Valley Restaurant. There is a ramp and graded pathway to the tent from there.
- Accessible restrooms are located within a ground-level portable setting near the Theater Tent and inside the lobby of The Valley Restaurant.
Designated Accessible Seating
- Every performance is equipped with several reserved seats for patrons with mobility challenges, those who are blind or have low-vision conditions, or patrons with hearing impairments. Please contact the Box Office (845.265.9575) to book these seats.
- Our ground covering is fine, performance-grade sand that occasionally becomes cumbersome for motorized chairs. House Management is happy to assist with positioning your motorized chair, and laying down a more appropriate surface should the need arise.
- House Management will be happy to assist with removing and storing mobility support equipment such as walkers and wheelchairs. They are kept near the picnic storage shelves and will be returned as needed during intermissions and at the end of the performance.
- Guide dogs and other registered service animals are permitted to assist HVSF visitors. Please contact the box office so that we can best assist you and answer any questions prior to your arrival.
- In order to make our performances accessible to all, we will once again offer captioned performances (Monday, Aug. 8 | MR. BURNS, Monday, Aug. 15 | WHERE WE BELONG, Monday, Aug. 29 | ROMEO & JULIET).
- The spoken word will be projected as text on digital screens in front of sections 100 and 300, so they are visible to the opposing side. The text will not be visible to those seated in section 200.
- A small selection of sensory fidgets is available at each performance. Please ask a Front-of-House staffer for assistance.
- Our 2022 Social Stories are a work in progress. Please contact the Box Office with any questions you have, and check back soon.