In order to keep our actors, staff, and audience safe, we’ve implemented changes to make sure we can safely create theater and welcome you back. Below are the measures we’re putting in place to ensure everyone’s safety this season.
At A Glance:
- Proof of Vaccination Required
- Masks Are Required Except When Seated For Picnicking. Masks Are Required Under the Tent During the Performance.
- Two Seats Left Empty Between Parties
Attending A Performance
Patrons must be able to show proof that they are fully vaccinated when they arrive on site. Masks will also be required for audience members onsite, except while eating or drinking on the Great Lawn at Boscobel.
“Fully vaccinated” means that either 14 days have passed since receiving the second dose of a Moderna or Pfitzer vaccine or 14 days have passed since receiving the sole dose of the Johnson & Johnson single-dose vaccine.
ANY ONE of the following methods can be supplied for proving vaccination, along with a photo ID:
- Physical vaccination card
- NY Excelsior Pass
- Photo of vaccination card
EXEMPTIONS: Children under the age of 12, or patrons who need reasonable accommodation for medical reasons, must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours prior to arrival. Proof will be accepted in the following forms:
- Physical negative test result
- Email from a test provider verifying negative test result
- App verifying negative test result
If you have any questions or concerns about complying with these new rules, please contact the Box Office at 845.265.9575 or email@example.com.
- Even though we are outdoors, please keep at least six (6) feet of distance between yourself and people outside of your party
- We are keeping two empty seats between every party that books tickets.
- When booking tickets, our ticketing system will enforce a space of two seats between your booked tickets and the next party.
- Online the maximum number of tickets you can book per performance will be eight (8). If you have a group larger than eight (8) please call the HVSF box office at 845-265-9575 for assistance.
- When booking multiple tickets, the assumption is that you are booking for a pod of people who are comfortable sitting together. If you are booking multiple tickets for groups that need to be distanced from each other, please call the HVSF box office at 845-265-9575 for assistance.
- When booking online, you will select the section where you would like to book and the ticketing system will select the best available seat within that section.
- This year, we are switching to fully electronic ticketing. Once you book your tickets, you’ll receive an email with a link to a PDF ticket. The HVSF staff will be ready to read the ticket from your phone for contactless ticketing.
- Picnicking will only be permitted to ticket holders for the evening’s performance.
- Guests are no longer required to have timed picnic reservations.
- All HVSF staff will be masked (with the exception of the actors).
- Masks are required except when seated in your picnic area
- Audience members are required to wear masks required under the tent during the performance.
- Guests will be permitted to eat and drink in their designated picnic areas, or in outdoor areas away from other patrons.
- For the safety of our actors, eating will not be allowed under the tent this season.
- HVSF’s concession offerings will be limited to waters, sodas, iced teas, and frozen treats. If you plan to picnic on site, please bring your own meal. We encourage you to order from one of our local vendors listed here.
- Portable restrooms will be available this summer. The units this season are single stalls, so there will be no communal sink area.
- If you are sick or do not feel well, please do not attend. Due to the pandemic, we have a fully flexible exchange policy for 2021.
- Guests may not enter the property if any of the following apply:
- You currently have a fever of 100.4 °F or greater.
- You have had, in the past 48 hours, any symptoms of COVID-19.
- You have had close contact with a person who has confirmed COVID-19.
- You tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- In the last 14 days you have traveled from a country that meets the criteria for required quarantine upon arrival.
- If any of the above apply to anyone in your party when you arrive, the entire party will not be able to attend the performance. We will do our best to rebook for a different performance, or, we will offer you a ticket to our digital streaming production.
What Steps Are We Taking?
At this time, we are taking the following additional steps to ensure the health and safety of our audience, artists, staff, and community:
- We have a fully vaccinated workforce.
- We have developed and implement plans that incorporate recommended health and safety guidelines.
- Throughout the season, we are continuing to review safety plans and best practices with local officials, health experts at Northwell Direct, and the Actor’s Equity Association.
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of all areas and high-contact surfaces.
- Increased monitoring of employee and community health.
- Ensuring that staff members follow all recommended safety precautions, including wearing appropriate PPE.