Due to COVID-19 restrictions, our concessions for the 2021 summer season will be extremely limited. We will be primarily offering non-alcoholic, cold beverages on-site. We encourage you to explore the superb local cafes and restaurants in our region for a take-out, BYO Picnic. Below are our recommendations for great, local Hudson Valley eats.
Local Hudson Valley Eats
COLD SPRING (1.5 MILES, 3 MINUTES BY CAR)
- Cathryn’s Tuscan Grill: Tuscan fare & an extensive wine list at a refined, mellow eatery with a lounge & outdoor garden. A great spot for take-out or pre-theater dining. Learn more.
- Cold Spring Cheese Shop: Our newest Cold Spring favorite is a gourmet cheese, charcuterie, and provisions store with an emphasis on local and regional cheeses located in the heart of the village. Ask co-owner Tim about his background in operating haunted houses! Learn more.
- Cold Spring Pizza: Family-owned since 1972, this hometown pizza joint serves hot slices with a range of styles. No matter the slice, the dough is hand-made fresh daily. Learn more.
- Hudson Hil’s: An HVSF staff favorite in the heart of Cold Spring. Enjoy full breakfast and lunch menus featuring farm-fresh, local ingredients, and heaps of historic charm. Learn more.
- Hudson House River Inn: Enjoy breathtaking views of West Point, Storm King Mountain, and the Hudson Valley at this historic inn on Cold Spring’s Hudson River waterfront. Learn more.
- Riverview: A contemporary American restaurant with seasonally inspired menus featuring market fresh seafood, brick oven pizza, and creative daily specials in a casual, friendly atmosphere. Stop before the show or order out a picnic. Learn more.
- The Main Course: This top-notch gourmet deli, bakery, and catering shop is our provider of choice for HVSF’s pre-ordered picnic boxes, and they offer incredible take-out every day. Learn more.
GARRISON & PHILIPSTOWN (2.5 MILES, 5 MINUTES BY CAR)
- B&L Deli: Comfort food and then some! This longtime HVSF Café provider has everything you need for the *perfect* picnic – from hearty sandwiches and gourmet salads to messy potato chips and cold beverages. Learn more.
- The Valley Restaurant: Get aquinted with HVSF’s new, future home with a stop at The Valley Restaurant at The Garrison. Featuring a menu with seasonal American cuisine utilizing ingredients from farmers in the region. The resaurant’s patio overlooks sweeping views of the Hudson Highlands. Make a reservation to indulge before the show. Learn more.
BEACON (8.5 MILES, 15 MINUTES BY CAR)
- Bank Square Coffeehouse: The HVSF Conservatory Company’s go-to spot for caffeinated beverages and good vibes at the head of Beacon’s booming Main Street. Learn more.
- The Beacon Bread Company: Applauded for their delicious fresh baked bread, BBC is also a great go-to for grilled cheeses, sandwiches, cheese danishes, brownies, and more. Learn More.
- The Beacon Daily: Boosting all-day breakfast on their homemade English muffins, this favorite among locals and visitors also serves delicious sandwiches and delectable sweets. Their easy online ordering system makes them the perfect stop on your way to the tent. You can even throw in a craft beer or sangria with your order. Learn more.
- BJ’s Soul Food Restaurant: Beacon’s stop for soul food including fried chicken, ribs, oxtail, and mac and cheese that rivals Stouffers. Enjoy a generous slice of a homemade three-layer frosted cake. Learn more.
- Industrial Arts Brewing: Experience modern brews that contrast tradition and innovation in their newest Beacon location on Route 52. Industrial originated in a sprawling, pre-Civil War industrial complex south of the Theater Tent, in Garnerville, and is one of our favorite local breweries. Learn more.
FISHKILL (10 MILES, 15 MINUTES BY CAR)
- Red Line Diner: This retro-style counter-serve on Route 9 is a classic. Enjoy their all-day breakfast, delicious baked goods and desserts, and Americana favorites with a Greek twist! You may even run into an HVSF actor or two on their way from their seasonal accommodations in Fishkill to the Theater Tent. Learn more.
- Boutique Wines, Spirits & Cider: Good friends of the Festival, Peter and Paige, run this divine wine shop – a favorite of HVSF’s actors. Stop in for a tasting or fresh cider pour on your way to the Tent! Learn more.
- Go-Go Pops: Working closely with local farms and businesses, this Hudson Valley staple develops new pops and smoothies with the region’s harvest. Check out their selection of Shakespeare-specific pops at the HVSF Café! Learn more.
PEEKSKILL (10 MILES, 20 MINUTES BY CAR)
- Peekskill Coffee House: A gathering space for Peekskill’s emerging arts community, PCH has become a staple of the city and is often referred to as “Peekskill’s Living Room.” Learn more.
NEWBURGH (13 MILES, 25 MINUTES BY CAR)
- Newburgh Brewing: Relax with a beer, some fried food, and a game of shuffleboard as you overlook the Hudson River in a gorgeously restored factory building! NB is one of our favorite local breweries supplying the HVSF Café with tasty beers this summer. Learn more.